- ul. Młyńska 10
- 33-300 Nowy Sącz
- 18 443 88 77
Project title: „Neoplasmatic diseases prophylaxis in the town Nowy Sacz and Nowy Sącz district, accomplished in Jedrzej Sniadecki Special Hospital in Nowy Sącz" financed by the European Economic Area and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014.
Norwegian funds for healthcare
Project title: „Neoplasmatic diseases prophylaxis in the town Nowy Sacz and Nowy Sącz district, accomplished in : Jedrzej Sniadecki Special Hospital In Nowy Sącz".
Project is a response to the increasing number of cases of cancer. Objective of project is early detection, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Target groups – inhabitants of Nowy Sącz and Nowy Sącz district. Problem location: the Project is located in malopolskie (Lesser Poland) voivodeship, Nowy Sacz district and Town of Nowy Sącz.
Planned activities to be accomplished in the project:
• Project management - 182 770,00 PLN
• Information and promotion - 74 480,00 PLN
• Equipment purchase - 11 361 264,00 PLN
• Prophylaxis programmes - 5 183 000,00 PLN
• Health education and promotion - 435 150,00 PLN
• Improvement of access to health services and their better quality, including reproductive health care and pediatric health propxylaxis as well as health care considering the aging population problems;
• Prevention of or reduction in morbidity of lifestyle-related diseases.
As part of the project will be purchased modern equipment and apparatus:
• Automatic thermal wases to endoscopes
• Endoscan reader for transponder
• Thermal printer to an endoscope
• Cassette Reader to mammography
• Equipment workshop of Brachytherapy
The project is also a number of prevention
• Pap test
• Gynaecology Ultrasound breast
• Feual occult bload Test
• PSA, free PSA
• Skin research in the direction of Melanoma detection
• Consultation specialist oncologist surgeon and gynaecologist oncologist.
Planned dates of meetings and the ability to subscribe to then free research and consultation will be available on the website of the hospital, as well as factsheets.
THE SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
ON 28th April 2017 we completed the project titled: “Prevention of Cancer Diseases in the City and District of Nowy Sącz Implemented at J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz”, co-financed with Financial Mechanism EOG and Norwegian Fianncial Mechanism 2009-2014”, which was started in 2014.
The project value – eligible costs: 12 201 729
80% - co-financing, that is PLN 9 761 382.95
20% own contribution of the hospital: PLN 2 440 345.74
The main goal of the program was to improve the health of Polish society by developing and adjusting medical care to the actual health of the population and to demographic factors.
Within the Project we bought the equipment and appliances worth over PLN 7 million, such as: the equipment for the Endoscopy Lab, Videodermatoscope, USG apparatus, ultrasound aspiration apparatus, hybrid electro-surgical platform, bronchoscopy, digital mammograph, digital x-ray apparatus, histeroscope, Gamma camera, thermal ablation equipment, systems for head-cooling when applying chemotherapy.
We conducted the following prophylactic tests:
• Mammography examinations – over 1500 women participated
• Cytology tests – 2500 women took part
• USG of the breasts – 900 tests performed
• Gynecologic USG – 200 tests
• Gastroscopy – 500 people were examined
• Colonoscopy – 600 tests were performed
• Tests for occult blood – over 900 people took them
• Tests for men – PSA and free PSA – over 700 men were examined
• Vaccinations for girls against cervical cancer – 1632 girls received three doses of vaccine
• Skin examinations for melanoma – over 2700 people were examined
• Chest x-rays – 300 examinations have been performed so far
Within the Project the following free consultations were offered:
• Specialist in surgery and oncology – over 1000 people took advantage of the consultation.
• Specialist in gynecology and oncology – also over 1000 women took part in these consultations
Health education and health promotion were also implemented on a large scale:
• Education program at schools (civilization illnesses, cancer prevention, healthy lifestyle, learning to examine breasts on one’s own) – the trainings were participated by approximately 4000 pupils
• Trainings for patients and their families “Taking care of post-stoma patients” – 400 people
• Trainings for nurses in taking care of post-stoma patients – 150 nurses were trained
• Trainings for General Practitioners in early detection of alimentary tract and skin cancer, participated by 100 doctors from the Hospital and also from Health Centers on the Nowy Sącz District.
• We also prepared guidelines for our patients and their families on oncology issues – the first symptoms, treatment, diet guidelines, etc., which are very popular.
The website of our Hospital now has a Portal named: “I protect my health against cancer”, where we upload videos with famous professors and doctos and also information on particular groups of cancer diseases. It also contains the material documenting our information and education activities within the project (films, photos, conversations).
On 10th and 11th March 2017 we held a conference named: “Oncology Days of Nowy Sacz District” in Krynica-Zdrój. The conference was held under the honorary patronage of Małopolska Province Marshall, Jacek Krupa. Its guests included representatives of local authorities, patients, doctors and medical staff from all over Poland. There were around 250 participants to this 2-day conference.
THE SUMMARY OF THE CONFERENCE
The first Nationwide Conference “Oncology Days of Nowy Sacz Region”.
On 10th and 11th March 2017 the First Nationwide Conference titled “Oncology Days of Nowy Sącz Region” was held in Krynica-Zdrój within the project “Cancer Prevention in the city and district of Nowy Sacz implemented by J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz”, co-financed with the funds from Financial Mechanism EOG 2009-2014 and Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014. The Conference was held under the honorary patronage of Małopolska Province Marshal, Jacek Krupa. Its guests included representatives of local self-government, patients, doctors and medical staff from all over Poland. The 2-day Conference was participated by approximately 250 people.
The conference program, lectures and discussions were based on the latest research, trends and conclusions presented by world-class speakers.
Conference program. Speakers and lecture topics:
10 March 2017
1. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Krzysztof Herman
„The present and the future oncologic surgery in Poland”
2. Dr n.med. Jan Gawełko
„Cancers of the head and the neck in south-east region of Poland in 1990-2013”
3. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Maciej Modrzejewski
„The limits of life-saving surgery in cancers of the head and the neck”
4. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Krzysztof Herman
„The present and the future oncologic surgery in Poland”
5. Dr hab. n. med. Marcin Zieliński
„Low invasive thoracho-surgical operations from the neck access”
6. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Wojciech Wysocki
„Supervision after radical treatment of rectal carcinoma”
7. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Andrzej Stelmach
„Standards in treatment of prostatic carcinoma 2017”
8. Dr n. med. Ida Cedrych
„Molecularly directed treatment in soft tissue sarcoma”
9. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Wojciech Wysocki
„Surgical perspective on treatment of soft tissue sarcomas”
10. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Andrzej Budzyński
„Low invasive oncologic surgery”
11 March 2017
1. Lek. med. Izabela Lemańska
„Standards in treatment of disseminated breast cancer”
2. Dr n.med. Łukasz Wohadlo
„History of breast cancer treatment”
3. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Zbigniew Kojs
„The principles of diagnosing and treatment of ovarian carcinoma”
4. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Kazimierz Pityński
„Technique of sentinel node in genital carcinoma”
5. Lek. med. Anna Czech
„Fusion of Magnetic resonance and ESG per rectum in diagnosing prostatic carcinoma”
6. Lek. med. Marek Zdeb
„Modern techniques of operating on brain tumors”
7. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Wiesław Kryczka
„Oncology patient and HBV and HCV infections”
8. Lek. med. Damian Kazalski
„Modern approach to treatment associated with tele- and bracho-therapy
THE CONFERENCE: “ONCOLOGY DAYS OF NOWY SĄCZ REGION”
We would like to inform you that on 10-11 March 2017 Krynica-Zdrój will hold a conference titled: “Oncology Days of Nowy Sącz Region” organized within the Project “Prevention of Cancer in the city and district of Nowy Sacz implemented at J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz”, co-financed with EOG and NFM funds. The Project is implemented by J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz, which has run Oncology Department since 2012. Within the project, the examination covered over 12 thousand patients, specialist consultations have been offered to 1500 people, over 1500 girls have been vaccinated against HPV with three doses of vaccine, and the training for medical staff has been attended by 250 people, while in schools numerous talks on cancer prevention and healthy lifestyle have been held.
The Conference completes the Program Goal PL07 implemented by the Hospital in Nowy Sącz, namely: Improvement and better adjustment of health care to demographic and epidemiological trends.
We invited to participate in the Conference representatives of the Ministry of Health – Program Operator, Local Authorities, Heads of Hospitals and other healthcare entities.
Renowned specialists in oncology will share their knowledge and experience with Conference participants.
The Conference will be held under the Honorary Patronage of Małopolska Province Marshal, Jacek Krupa.
Participation in the Conference is free. Deadline for enrolment – 09th March.
Detailed information on the Conference agenda can be found at the Hospital website: www.szpitalnowysacz..pl
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNTIL OCTOBER 2016
The project covers:
• Cytology, 2500 women have been examined (no vacancies)
• Mammography, 700 women have been examined – there are still some vacancies
• Vaccinations for girls against cervical cancer – over 1550 girls have been vaccinated with three doses of vaccine, there are still several places
• Gastroscopy – 400 people have been examined, no vacancies at present, the Hospital applied for permission for increasing the number of examinations
• Colonoscopy, 300 people have been examined, no vacancies at present, the Hospital applied for permission to increase the number of examinations
• Test for occult blood, 700m people have been examined, there are still some vacancies
• PSA, free PSA, 600 men have been examined, no vacancies at present. The hospital applied for permission to increase the number of examinations
• Gynecologic USG (prophylactics of genitals), 1500 women have been examined, there are still free places
• Skin examination for skin melanoma, 1300 people have been examined, there are still some vacancies
investment activities – purchasing the equipment and appliances
• A set of endoscopes (3 gastroscopes, 3 colonoscopes, videoduodenoscope) with washers, endo-scan, thermal printer
• Tape readers for mammograph
• Bipolar histeroscope with tooling
• Thermal ablation equipment
• Equipment for bronchoscope workshop
• Digital x-ray apparatus – tender procedure pending
• Digital mammograph – tender procedure pending
• USG apparatus
• X-ray apparatus with C arm
• Hybrid electro-surgical platform
• Ultrasound aspiration apparatus
• Washer – disinfector
• Gamma camera
• 2 systems for cooling the head
• A post for anesthesia in endoscope examinations
• Trainings in senior secondary schools in self-examination of breasts and early detection of cancer diseases – over 1000 pupils have been trained, the target number of pupils trained is 4000
• Trainings for General Practitioners in early detection of skin melanoma and prophylactics of cancer diseases of the alimentary tract – 100 people have been trained
• Trainings for patients and their families in taking care of the patient after colostomy
• Trainings for nurses in colostomy care – the training was attended by 150 nurses from healthcare entities from Nowy Sącz and its neighborhood.
• In March we plan a two-day scientific conference on oncology, for which we invited renowned speakers who will share the latest knowledge of treatment and prophylactics of cancer diseases, as well as their experience and observations from their everyday work
All information on registering for particular examinations is available at the Hospital website: www.szpitalnowysacz.pl in “Norwegian Funds” section
CHEMOTHERAPY WITHOUT LOSING YOUR HAIR
Within the Project titled: “Prevention of Cancer in the city and district of Nowy Sacz implemented at J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz”, the Hospital purchased two systems for cooling the head used in chemotherapy.
The system of cooling the head preventing the induced hair falling is a system dedicated to cooling the patient’s head during the chemotherapy. This treatment is used in prophylactics of chemotherapy-induced hair falling.
The system is based on two mechanisms: cooling the head skin (reduced temperature) leads to reduction in blood flow and lowered metabolism, which in turn reduces the supply and activity of active substances in cells, which strengthens hair cells and allows them to survive.
It consists of a cooling unit, with computerized steering system (operated via a touch panel), allowing to cool the head skin of two patients simultaneously, according to separated procedures. The central unit is connected via cables to soft and delicate silicon caps. The cooling liquid is supplied from the cooling unit container via cables to small canals inside the caps. The temperature of head skin is monitored by two independent sensors on the surface of the cap. One measures temperature in the front and the other – in the back part of the head. An additional, third sensor is responsible for ensuring temperature never falls below 0°C. Temperature is lowered gradually even before apply the chemotherapeutic agent and kept at the right level during the drug infusion and afterwards.
This innovative solution used in Oncology Department of Nowy Sacz Hospital significantly limits the unwanted effects in systemic treatment of cancer, such as losing hair in chemotherapy, particularly suffered by women.
The system can be used simultaneously by two patients.
NORWEGIAN FUNDS FOR HEALTHCARE…
In June 2013 the Hospital submitted an application for co-financing within the Operational Program PL07 Improvement and better adjustment of healthcare to demographic and epidemiological trends co-financed from Financial Mechanism EOG and Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014:
Prevention of Cancer in the city and district of Nowy Sacz implemented at J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz.
In the decision from 30th July 2015, the project titled: “Prevention of Cancer in the city and district of Nowy Sacz implemented at J. Śniadecki Specialist Hospital in Nowy Sącz” obtained 134 points out of 135 points available and was ranked 4th (2 applications received 135 points and 2 – 134 points) (out of 585 applications submitted in the whole area of Poland) and received 80% co-financing of the eligible costs.
Total cost of the project: 17 236 664,00 zł
Eligible costs: 16 614 664,00 zł
Costs of investment activities: 11 361 264,00 zł
Including non-eligible (before the eligibility period we purchased the USG equipment and 2 endoscopes – the equipment listed in the application): 622 000,00 zł
Costs of non-investment activities: 5 875 400,00 zł
Co-financing 80% of eligible costs: 13 291 731,00 zł
Own contribution: 3 322 933,00 zł
The aim of the Program is: Prevention of cancer aimed at lowering the incidence of disease and mortality rate due to cancer diseases in Poland, and this aim is increasingly achieved through the Project implemented in Nowy Sącz Hospital. Medical progress clearly points at the necessity of using new methods of treatment and disease prevention, including cancer prevention. Therefore, new methods of reaching the society and spreading professional and practical knowledge of broadly understood cancer prevention appear.
By purchasing medical equipment which will be used to conduct prevention examinations aimed at early diagnosis of neoplastic changes and to treat them.
One of the specific goals is to improve the detectability of cancer diseases. We can list many additional goals – which stem from the implementation of the project: improving the quality and comfort of work and using medical services offered by the Hospital, improving the safety level of district inhabitants, effective, efficient, quick and professional help offered to inhabitants, improving the life quality in the district by improving the quality of medical services, improving the quality of the working environment of medical and administration personnel, improving the image of a public healthcare center, improving the comfort of work for Hospital staff, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Hospital activities, creating conditions for developing the Hospital potential as well as the district potential, improving access to healthcare services.
Within the project we will purchase modern equipment and appliances:
• 2 gastroscopes;
• 4 colonoscopes;
• anesthesia post
• X-ray apparatus, C arm
• Mammograph tape leader (scanner)
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECT
Since June "full steam ahead" started free research carried out under the program financed with so-called "Funds Norwegian".
To date we made already:
• more than 120 cytology;
• 300 girls were vaccinated with the first dose of the HPV vaccine;
• performed over 80 studies of PSA and free PSA for men;
• 150 occult blood tests;
• 250 gynecological ultrasound.
Very much interest remaining tests, for which registration will begin in August.
The investment part of the project signed an agreement to acquire the scanner to the camera for a mammogram, so soon it will be possible also to perform mammography in the project.
Even in July will be announced tender for purchase dermatoscope and endoscopic test kids.
Project title: „Neoplasmatic diseases prophylaxis in the town Nowy Sącz and Nowy Sącz district, accomplished in Jedrzej Sniadecki Special Hospital in Nowy Sącz".
Directorate of Special Hospital J. Sniadecki In Nowy Sącz informs that on 10 June 2015 Conference will take place the implementation by the Hospital Project.
Venue: Nowy Sącz, hotel Panorama h. 10.00.